About the course
This course teaches you the skills that are needed to install and administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5.
What Will I Learn?
- This course teaches you the skills that are needed to install and administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5. This release offers users enhanced support for standards, emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
- You should have: An understanding of basic internet concepts Experience in using a web browser Administrative skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system
This course is the 1st day of the Instructor Led class WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 Administration WA855G brought to you by Tech Data / Exit Certified at no charge.
If you're interested in taking the full class, you can find additional information in the Exit Certified Web Site.
- Course introduction
- WebSphere product family overview
- WebSphere Application Server architecture - stand-alone
- WebSphere Application Server architecture - federated
- IBM Installation Manager
- WebSphere Application Server installation
- Web server installation
- Exercise: Installing IBM Installation Manager
- Exercise: Installing WebSphere Application Server
- Exercise: Installing IBM HTTP Server
- WebSphere Application Server administrative console
- Exercise: Exploring the administrative console
- Introduction to the PlantsByWebSphere application
- Application assembly
- Exercise: Assembling an application
- Application installation
- Exercise: Installing an application
- Problem determination
- Exercise: Problem determination
- Introduction to wsadmin and scripting
- Exercise: Using wsadmin
- Federating a cell
- Exercise: Creating a federated cell
- Workload management
- Exercise: Clustering and workload management
- Introduction to WebSphere Messaging
- Exercise: Configuring the service integration bus
- Job manager and Centralized Installation Manager
- Demonstration: Using the job manager
- Overview of Intelligent Management
- WebSphere security
- Exercise: Configuring WebSphere security
- Exercise: Configuring application security
- Exercise: Configuring SSL for WebSphere
- Overview of the Liberty profile
- Exercise: Working with the Liberty profile
- Performance monitoring
- Exercise: Using the performance monitoring tools
- WebSphere Batch
- Course summary
Who is the target audience?
- This intermediate course is designed for administrators who install, configure, and manage web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web administrators, lead application developers, and application architects can also benefit from this course. The course is applicable to users running WebSphere Application Server on various platforms including IBM i systems.