About the course
A comprehensive guide to 2D compositing for live-action films in post-production visual effects using Nuke.
What you'll learn
Know what, when and how to do simple to advanced compositing in Nuke
Know how to use The Foundry Nuke for simple to advanced compositing of 2D live-action shots
Apply basic and advanced techniques in 2D compositing
Translate compositing skills picked up in "VFX Compositing with Adobe After Effects" to do compositing with industry software Nuke
Know the tricks and cheats in optimizing Nuke scripts and your workflow
- Passion and Good Follow-Through
- The Foundry Nuke (non-commercial/ commercial version)
If you want to learn how to use industry-standard software, Nuke, to create fancy visual effects (VFX) shots, then you're looking at the right course. This course will reveal the tips, tricks and applications of compositing in post-production visual effects - one of the final steps to finishing and executing any visual effects shot.
Learn How to use Industry-Standard Software like a Professional.
Part 1 of a 2-part Nuke series using real live-action films as test shots for this course, learn by actually working on shots while following the course as a step-by-step guide to proper and professional compositing.
Why This Course?
- Taught by a real professional in the visual effects and film industry who worked on actual Hollywood blockbusters
- Step-by-step guide with practical and hands-on live-action shots to work on
- Insights and know-hows that would save you time and money when working on your own visual effects shot
- Major part of a series of other more advanced visual effects tricks, tips and methods
- Includes up-to-date information and lessons on new additions and tools from The Foundry
- Networking and open collaboration opportunities with instructor and students
Use the Tools that the 80% of the Pros Use in the Visual Effects Industry.
You will Learn How:
- Compositing is applied in film and television
- To do realistic compositing
- To use Nuke for 2D composting in live-action films
- To apply basic and advanced 2D compositing techniques and tricks
- To apply effective and smart techniques of doing compositing
The best part about this course is that it's going to cover all that you need to know about compositing in only the time that is necessary to get the lessons across - unlike those 15-hour courses where most lessons simply just go on forever, or exist for no reason.
If you are truly serious about learning how Nuke is used beyond the classroom, in a real-world setting similar to the studios, then this is the right course for you.
NOTE: This course covers some content from previously published course: "VFX Compositing with After Effects: The Complete Edition"
Who is the target audience?
- Film students and graduates interested in visual effects post-production
- Professionals from other industries looking to try some visual effects shots
- Aspiring or new filmmakers working on their own visual effects film
- Visual effects professionals who need to refresh their skills and have been out of the industry for a while
- Students of my other VFX courses who want to enhance their skillset in visual effects
- NOT for seasoned visual effects professionals who are currently in the industry
Learn By Example: Seaborn [Video]