About the course
Unleash the power of C++ and Blueprint to develop Multiplayer Games with AI in this Epic Games-approved course.
What Will I Learn?
Discover the power and ease of C++ to build games in Unreal Engine 4.
Master the fundamentals of C++ programming for Unreal Engine 4.
Build multiplayer games in C++ to play with friends.
Utilize the Gameplay Framework to create any genre of games.
Create multiple types of Artificial Intelligence within Unreal Engine 4.
Write clear code that can be exposed, extended and modified by Blueprint.
- You have a basic understanding of programming in an object-oriented programming language such as C#, Java, Python, or C++ or a decent understanding of scripting in Unreal’s Blueprints. (Understanding keywords like classes, functions, floats and bool are necessary to follow along in this course.)
- You have Unreal Engine installed (4.17 or higher) and have used it a few times to understand the basics like moving around the viewport and using the Content Browser.
Approved by Epic Games and taught by former Epic Games engineer, Tom Looman, this course teaches you how to use C++ so you can build your own games and artificial intelligence in Unreal Engine 4.
If you have a bit of programming know-how but are new to C++ game development, then this course is for you! Unreal Engine 4 Mastery is also a great fit for current developers who have previous experience with Unity or other game engines. Unleash the full power of the Unreal Engine by taking this step-by-step guide.
In this course, you will:
Create two multiplayer-ready games in C++
Create multiple types of AI enemies
Expose C++ code to Blueprint to unlock the full power of the engine
Discover the fundamental classes required to build games
Code many common gameplay mechanics like weapons, power-ups, characters, guards, and more
Challenge yourself with fun activities that further test your programming knowledge
Discover many tricks and features in C++ to get the most out of Unreal Engine
Master the fundamentals to build your own dream game
You’ll go hands-on immediately and dive straight into completing over 14 challenges and two game projects. You’ll start by creating a first-person stealth game, where you’ll learn the basics of C++, AI, and networking. Then you’ll build a third-person cooperative shooter game, in the likes of Gears of War or Fortnite. In this project, you’ll expand your learning of C++, make the game fully multiplayer-ready, and create fun artificial intelligence to play against with friends.
This course is also packed with challenges where you’ll build a grenade launcher, a black hole that sucks in the fabric of space, and a launch pad that bounces players and objects around–just to name a few! Through these activities, you’ll explore the engine’s code, improve your problem-solving capabilities, and take your games to the next level.
By the end of the course, you can use your knowledge of C++ and Blueprints to build your own dream games. You can use the games built during this course for your personal projects moving forward, as you add more advanced features. Even if you thought C++ was difficult or intimidating before taking this course, you will learn how easy it is to code C++ within Unreal Engine 4 once you go through these lectures. Even if you are are only interested in single-player type games, this course will be a great fit as it teaches many other concepts besides programming for multiplayer games.
Why Learn From Me
In this course you will learn more than just programming in Unreal Engine 4. You will actually follow the ‘Unreal Way’ of making games in this Epic Games-approved course. Start off on the right foot and write effective C++ code using methods the engine creators have used themselves! I have been working with Unreal Engine 4 and creating game development tutorials since day one. Through this partnership with Epic Games, you will gain the skills to create stunning new projects and advance your professional aspirations in game development.
Join me in this course and start building awesome games in C++ today!
Who is the target audience?
- People who have tried C++ with Unreal before but could not find the right tutorial to support their hands-on learning style. This course offers step-by-step guidance and lots of activities so you can master making games with C++.
- Developers from Unity and other engines looking to dive into Unreal Engine 4 programming.
- People with prior programming experience who want to make multiplayer games and create artificial intelligence in Unreal Engine 4.
- If you have never touched a programming language before this course may not be for you. However, proficiency in Unreal’s Blueprint visual scripting also counts as a valid foundation for this course as it shares the same concepts as languages like C++.
- If you are an artist who wants to bring your ideas to life in a game, a Blueprint-focused course might be a better fit for you. Skim the course curriculum to see if you’re interested in using the power of C++, networking, and AI programming to build out the technical structure of your game.
Tech Explorations™ Raspberry Pi: Full Stack Minibian