About the course
Understand and practice NPM. Learn how to use NPM in Node.js, how to install NPM packages, how to configure NPM scripts
In this course the author will explain you what is NPM and how it is used. You will learn how to initialize new project, how to install new dependencies and explore their child dependencies. We will also discuss what is Semantic Versioning and what Major, Minor and Patch versions mean. You will also understand what is the purpose of the package-lock.json file.
The author will explain to you what is the purpose of the NPM scripts and how they should be used. We will talk about built-in NPM scripts and a custom script. Also, we will combine several NPM scripts in a one using npm-run-all external package.
You will understand what is executable script and what is the purpose of the .bin folder in the node_modules folder. He will explain to you what is shebang line and how it is used on the Unix-based system and on Windows. Happy learning!
Style and Approach
In this course, you will understand and learn about NPM.
What You Will Learn
- Initialize any project using NPM init
- Install project dependencies
- Understand what is the difference between dependencies and development dependencies
- Explain what is Semantic Versioning and what different kinds of packages versions mean
- Explain the difference between Browser Application and Server Package
- Understand the purpose of the "package-lock" file
- Update project dependencies
- Configure NPM scripts and execute them
- Combine NPM scripts into the one script
- Explain what is executable script and how it is executed on the Mac and on Windows
Bogdan Stashchuk - Full-stack web developer, MBA, PhD
An experienced instructor with a great, practical background, he teaches complex stuff in an easy step-by-step manner. All of his courses include practical exercises that allow you to follow him from the start of any course until the end.
Understanding Angels, their assignments and Ministry