About the course
Quick and simple troubleshooting solutions to deal with all the problems you'll encounter as a Linux administrator! Video Course
Troubleshooting is an important skill used in many Information Technology (IT) roles including help desks, system administration, networking, and security. This course will help you learn practical and proven techniques to deal with many tasks you'll encounter when administering a Linux server.
In this troubleshooting course, you will master the full power of the superuser; you'll use sudo to fix user management files and passwords, and schedule tasks with cron before troubleshooting.
You will also troubleshoot and resolve wireless issues, identify machine issues with different troubleshooting processes, configure an SSH server for remote connections, and set up a Network File System to connect to your client.
Style and Approach
The course follows a strict hands-on approach and demonstrates full troubleshooting steps; performing administrative tasks with root using sudo; working with user management; troubleshooting and managing recurring tasks with cron; troubleshooting wireless networks; troubleshooting services and processes; configuring and working with SSH servers, and installing a Network File System.
What You Will Learn
- Troubleshoot wireless networks with additional tools via the command-line
- Resolve system connectivity issues
- Schedule tasks before troubleshooting
- Maintain your server with proper user management techniques
- Automate tasks to keep your server alive and healthy
- Maintain your server's wireless access points by troubleshooting your hardware profiles
- Monitor and troubleshoot processes and activities on your server
- Connect multiple computers in a secured manner for direct server-to-computer communication
- Explore proper password ethics
- Monitor and update your firewall status
Paul Olushile graduated with a diploma degree in computer science and is currently working as a cybersecurity expert. He loves teaching and hence he has been freelancing for over 4 years to share his expertise as a Unix/Linux administrator with students. He has a diverse set of certifications, interests, and experiences, including server administration.