About the course
Basics To Advanced Level With Rest Assured, Postman, Java, TestNG, Framework Implementation From Scratch
REST Assured is a powerful set of APIs used to automate RESTful APIs/RESTful Web services (just like Selenium WebDriver for Web applications). Almost all web applications use REST APIs to communicate with the back-end and it has gained a lot of popularity in modern-day application architecture. It is very important for QA/automation engineers to understand how to automate REST API tests. Automating REST API tests is crucial for projects because REST API tests are quick to run and more stable, unlike web automation. 90% of the IT industry is now moving towards REST API Automation. We assume that students have no experience in automation/coding and start every topic from scratch. Examples are taken from testing real-time hosted REST APIs to understand how different components can be automated, to give you an idea of industry-level frameworks and to give you confidence.
Style and Approach
No prior coding or automation experience needed, this course covers all the necessary topics. Get more than 25 hours of unique content with real example code files provided to refer and learn with examples.
What You Will Learn
- At the end of this course, you will have a detailed understanding of REST API automation frameworks.
- You will be able to explain, design and implement structured automation frameworks using REST Assured libraries.
- You'll have an in-depth understanding of REST API automation using REST Assured with real-time examples and a thorough understanding of REST testing tools like Postman.
- You'll write efficient and less redundant code using REST Assured specifications.
- You will be able to run a complete Test Suite using TestNG and Maven. And have a complete understanding of the TestNG Framework.
- You will have an excellent command of build management using Maven.
- You will be able to create reports using TestNG.
- You should be able to lead any Selenium automation project from scratch on your own.
- With all this knowledge gained, you should be easily able to pass Selenium automation interviews.
Lets Kode It
Lets Kode It are here with a mission to teach everyone a new skill doing what they've always wanted to do. Whether it be programming or creating a professional looking MS Word document, they believe anyone can code and coding is not something out of this world. Coding can be of different types and in different areas: some may want to become a web developer where it's about front-end languages, some choose to become a back-end developer, while others choose to become hands-on testers with automation, where the domain is completely different from development. They believe you only need to be willing to learn and everything else follows. They are a group of software professionals with more than 10 years of expertise in different areas of software industries. They excel from software inception to implementation. Their goal is to offer high-quality technology courses which suit a newbie as well as an intermediate. They focus on the technology which is essential to perform in today's job market. Their instructors are Masters graduated from reputed universities. Their instructors have over 10 years of industrial experience and working as team leads in multinational companies. Their expertise is in various fields of SDLC from application development and testing to system administration.
Projects in Docker [Video]