About the course
Learn how to build an incredibly low cost, but powerful, media centre computer to handle your TV, movies, photos & music
What Will I Learn?
Understand what the Raspberry Pi is
Build a Raspberry Pi
Choose the appropriate operating system for the media centre build
Understand how to store, organise, and access their media
Install and configure the operating system and media centre environment that is right for them
Turn your Raspberry Pi into a fully functioning media centre computer
- A Raspberry Pi will be needed for the course. They are very low cost and I'll cover where to buy in Section 2.
Even if you know nothing about the Raspberry Pi, or what it is, this course will take you step-by-step through exactly what you need to know to build an ultra-low cost media centre computer.
This is course that anyone can do, and the software you will use is available completely free. No hardware or software technical skills are needed.
Just follow along with the well explained, straight forward steps, and at the end of this course you will have a fully functional, fast, media centre computer that can...
- Stream your media across a network
- Play locally stored content stored on different devices
- Handle TV shows, movies, photos, and music
- Can be used to stream content to other devices you might have, such as phones and tablets, or to other family members
- Can even be securely accessed while you are out of the house.
The Raspberry Pi based solution you will end up with is fanless and runs completely silently. It's also tiny (about the size of a pack of cards) and can be easily tucked away out of sight behind your TV. It performs amazingly and costs next to nothing to build, so get started now!
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for anyone that want to build a fast, flexible, silent, but very low cost, media centre computer. No previous hardware or software technical skills are necessary.