About the course
A whirlwind tour of full-stack web application development on the Raspberry Pi. NOTE: Please note this title is NOT DRM FREE.
The objective of this course is to take you to a whirlwind tour of the Raspberry Pi, and introduce you to everything that is great about it.Structured as a project, you will become familiar with the various components that make up the web development stack: the operating system, the hardware (including the GPIOs), the application server, web server, database server, and the Python programming language.You will also become familiar with Cloud services that you will integrate into your Raspberry Pi-powered web application.You application will take sensor data and make them available to the user via a web interface that is constructed based on jQuery and HTML5.You will need a Raspberry Pi, a DHT22 sensor, a button, an LED, a few resistors and a breadboard. If you wish to setup wireless networking on your Raspberry Pi, you will also need a USB Wifi dongle.To make the most from this course, you should be familiar with basic programming and be comfortable with the command line.
Style and Approach
A 8 hour long course to get fully acquainted with the web development stack: the operating system, the hardware (including the GPIOs), the application server, web server, database server, and the Python programming language.
What You Will Learn
- Setup the minimal Raspbian operating system to the RPi.
- Install the a Python virtual environment.
- Install and use Flask, a Python-based web micro-framework
- Install and use uWSGI as the application server for Flask
- Install and use Nginx light-weight web server
- Use the RPi GPIOs as digital input and outputs
- Use a DHT22 humidity and temperature sensor
- Install and use the SQLite database
- Use the Google Chart API to create visual representations of the sensor data
- Use JQuery to add interactivity to web pages
- Use Plotly for graphical analysis of sensor data
- Install and configure a USB Wifi adaptor for your RPi
Peter Dalmaris is an electronics hobbyist and Maker, creator of eight online video courses on DIY electronics and author of three technical books. As a Chief Tech Explorer since 2013 at Tech Explorations, the company he founded in Sydney, Australia, Peter’s mission is to explore technology and help educate the world. A life-long learner, Peter’s core skill is in explaining difficult concepts through video and text. With over 15 years in tertiary teaching experience, Peter has developed a simple yet comprehensive style in teaching that students from all around the world appreciate. His passion for technology and in particular for the world of DIY open source hardware has been a powerful driver that has guided his own personal development and his work through Tech Explorations. Peter’s current online courses have helped over 30,000 people from around the world to be better Makers. His video courses include:
- Arduino Step by Step: Your Complete Guide
- Advanced Arduino Boards and Tools
- Raspberry Pi: Full Stack
- Raspberry Pi: Make a Workbench Automation Computer
- Kicad Like a Pro
- The Electronics Workbench: A Setup Guide
- Arduino Fun: Make a High Tech Remote Controlled Car
- Beginning Arduino: Make a environment monitor system
Peter’s books are:
- Kicad Like a Pro: Learn the World’s Favourite Open Source PCB Electronic Design
- Raspberry Pi: Full Stack: A whirlwind tour of full-stack web application development on
the Raspberry Pi
- Arduino: a comprehensive starting up guide for complete beginners
Microsoft Office 2016 Essential Training: 9 Course Bundle