About the course
Unity Game Development Video Course: Your one-stop guide to building amazing games with Unity 2017!
Unity 3D (2017) is an industry standard tool with an interface that can be very intuitive once introduced to it correctly. Any learner using this course would be looking to get stuck into the software itself for whatever purpose and can advantage themselves by being familiar to the UI and IDE before undertaking project developments.
This video course will commence by walking the viewers through the Unity 3D IDE, setting up any dependencies and other complementary tools like script editors. The user will also have knowledge of key resources like Unity Docs, Answers and the Asset store for free and paid Unity3D assets. The audience will develop a solid set of navigation skills using both cursor and keyboard moves to get tasks completed.
They will walk away comfortable knowing the caveats of editor windows and correct ways to make and keep any changes made during playtesting of a scene. They will also walk away with comfortable knowledge of the right panel/ inspector for the job and what each panel provides.
By the end of the course, viewers would have learned basic yet detailed knowledge and practice with (three so far) key features of the Unity3D software. For those needing to know basic animation for 2D or how to correctly control the tough to tame particle system then this courseis for you.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Practical-Unity-Game-Development
Style and Approach
This video course will take a hands-on approach, full of examples and easy to follow concepts will enable the viewers to complete tasks which will help them to gain confidence in using the Unity IDE.
What You Will Learn
- Master the latest features of Unity and bring your projects to success
- Make breathtaking cut-scenes with the Timeline tools to enhance your game with action scenes
- Direct with Cinemachine every camera in the game, from gameplay to cutscenes, to make your games feel natural always
- Build impressive 2D maps with Tilemap in no time, by customizing Tiles and Brushes, speeding the level design process, and creating designing tools for yourself or team
- Create stunning materials with Shader Graph that can bring to the next level your game looking, including creating special effects such as dissolve, teleporting or slicing
- Master the new rendering techniques such as GPU instancing to show thousands of assets on screen at once with little performance cost
- Give a specific mood or feel to your game by learning all about the new Post-Processing effects and how animate and blend between them
Francesco Sapio is an Unity expert, having worked with the engine for several years, and wrote many books about it. He is a skilled game designer, and experienced user of major graphics programs. He developed [email protected] (Sapienza University of Rome), an educational game for high-school students to learn concepts of physics, and the Sticker Book series (Dataware Games), a cross-platform series of games for kids. In addition, he worked as consultant for the (successfully funded by Kickstarter) game Prosperity – Italy 1434 (Entertainment Game Apps, Inc) and for the open online collaborative ideation system titled Innovoice (Sapienza University of Rome). Moreover, he has been involved in different research projects such as Belief-Driven Pathfinding (Sapienza University of Rome), which is a new technique of path finding in video games that was presented as a paper at the DiGRAFDG Conference 2016; and perfekt.ID (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology), which included developing a recommendation system for games.
You can contact him at www.francescosapio.com.