About the course
Create and administer a secured Linux system in your work environment; Video Course
With the growing popularity of Linux, more and more administrators have started moving to this operating system to create networks or servers for any task. Due to the lack of information about security-related attacks, administrators now face issues in dealing with these attackers as quickly as possible. Learning about the different types of Linux security will help you create a more secure Linux system.
This course will help you understand the various vulnerabilities faced by the system and help you to overcome them. Whether you are new to Linux administration or experienced, it provides you with the skills to work with various security tools, thereby making your systems more secure.
By the end of the course, you will have mastered the art of preventing your Linux system from getting compromised.
Style and Approach
An easy-to-follow guide with a step-by-step approach to various problems covering various Linux security administration tasks.
What You Will Learn
- Learn about various vulnerabilities and exploits in relation to Linux systems
- Configure and build a secure kernel and test it
- Learn about file permissions and security and how to securely modify files
- Explore various ways to authenticate local users while monitoring their activities.
- Authenticate users remotely and securely copy files on remote systems
- Review various network security methods (including firewalls) using iptables and TCP Wrapper
- Explore various security tools including Port Sentry, Squid Proxy, Shorewall, and many more
- Understand Bash vulnerability/security and patch management
With more than 9 years of working experience in the field of IT, Tajinder has conducted Seminars in Engineering Colleges all across India, on topics such as Information Security and Android Application Development at more than 120 colleges and teaching 10,000+ students. Apart from training, he has also worked on VAPT projects for various clients. When talking about certifications, Tajinder is a certified ISO 27001:2013 Auditor.
Prior to this course, Tajinder has authored Practical Linux Security Cookbook published by Packt Publishing. He has also reviewed the following books: Web Application Penetration Testing with Kali Linux and Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing. He has also authored 2 Video courses with Packt – Getting Started with Pentensing and Finding and Exploiting Hidden Vulnerabilities.
He is best described as dedicated, devoted, and determined and a person who strongly believes in making his dreams come true. He defines himself as a tireless worker, who loves to laugh and make others laugh. I am also very friendly and level-headed.
Odoo 11 for Business [Video]