About the course
Postman API testing for manual and automated tests. Automate with Newman, Jenkins or any other CI tool.
What You'll Learn
- Work with the Postman App
- Submit RESTful requests using Postman
- Automate test execution
- Basic HTTP knowledge required (address, message body, headers, cookies, ...)
- Basic knowledge about RESTful APIs and JSON
- Basic Jenkins experience, if an integration with Jenkins is desired
- Basic NodeJS/NPM experience (needed for test automation)
- Optional - Basic Docker experience (for Jenkins or Newman)
- A computer with Windows, macOS or Linux is required for viewing the lectures and installing Postman. Using a mobile phone is not recommended.
RESTful APIs (or simply REST API) are everywhere nowadays but at the same time they are getting more complex to get started with: different HTTP methods,, headers, cookies, dealing with file uploads or authentication with api keys, tokens, OAuth and so much more.
But before you start investing time writing code to retrieve the data the API is offering, why not test the request first to make sure everything is working as expected?
This is where the Postman App comes in! Postman allows you very quickly create a request with the required HTTP method and parameters, submit the request and easily inspect the results.
Postman can help if you are developing APIs as well! I have created this course for testing engineers and well as for software developers. Postman can help you during the development of your API as well as after the API is completed, by running tests that make sure your API is still working as intended.
In the first part of the course we will start exploring the features of Postman and continue by writing API tests with the intention of integrating them in a CI server where the tests will run on a current basis.
But this is not the normal course you take part in. Because your needs may be different and because I hate leaving you wondering what to do next, the second part of the course will include user questions and answers to problems that were not yet covered in the course or that are more specific and may not interest everybody.
So let’s look at what you are going to learn:
Start with simple requests and advance towards more complex scenarios
Learn to deal with authentication / authorization mechanisms like Basic Auth, API Keys, or OAuth.
Start writing API tests
Organize tests in collections and share them with your team
Run API tests in Jenkins or any other CI server
You ask, I answer
So after this course you will know how to use Postman as a pro.
Excited to learn Postman? Sign-up up today!
Who this course is for:
- This course is targeted towards testing engineers and developers.
Python for Financial Analysis using Trading Algorithms