About the course
Tips, tricks & Ideas for stunning portraits using natural light & flash. Live sessions with models, families & children
What You'll Learn
- Learn how to improve your portrait photos
- Learn how to add drama to portraits for more creativity
- Learn how to get great expressions and reactions from your subjects
- Learn the fundamentals of portrait lighting
- Discover great tips, tricks and ideas in live photo sessions with models, families and children
- A DSLR or Mirrorless camera and a basic understanding of its use.
- A keen desire to learn more about shooting portraits
So, you like taking portraits, that’s great, but how happy are you with the results and could you do better?
In this course you’ll learn many of the tips and tricks that professional photographers use for creating stunning portraits, and in a varying assortment of environments, both inside and outside.
At the end of the course you’ll be armed with so many ideas, that you’ll no longer need to worry about freezing up, or wondering what to do next with your subjects.
· Learn the fundamentals of portrait lighting and lighting patterns
· Discover new ways of taking photos of individuals on location in live sessions
· Learn my relaxed methods for taking photos of families and children in live sessions
· Laugh at my 17 tips for getting great expressions from families and children
· Learn how I pose people to make them look relaxed
· Watch and learn from my live maternity sessions with an 8 month pregnant mum-to-be.
· Discover some specialist ideas for amazing portraits
Content and Overview
Suitable for beginners, intermediates and even advanced photographers, you’l learn the fundamentals of portrait photography along with many tips and ideas for adding drama and creativity to your portraits.
Rather than just using paid models, this course also has live sessions with friends, and families with their children. Some of these are typical location sessions where we just walk around in parks taking photos.
This is an extremely varied course demonstrating both natural light and off-camera flash portraits, with some specialist ideas that you can easily replicate, plus many tips on composition
You’ll see how I interact with people to make them feel more comfortable, which in turn helps to get better expressions.
All videos on this course are downloadable
On completing this course you’ll have the knowledge, know how and confidence to tackle many portrait scenarios.
Who is the target audience?
- Beginner and intermediate photographers, and even advanced photographers wishing to learn new skills.
Rapid HTML5 + Project