About the course
Take your Photoshop skills to the next level. This advanced course is the second installment in the comprehensive one-on-one training series by industry expert Deke McClelland—updated for 2018. Learn what you need to know about Photoshop, in the order you need to know it, on the schedule that work best for you.
In this course, Deke takes you through advanced Photoshop features including the automated selection tools and the Color Range, Focus Area, and Refine Edge commands. He covers Smart Objects, slimming and trimming with the Liquify tool, and techniques for drawing and designing with vector shapes. Discover how to improve a photo with poor composition by reconstructing it with Content-Aware Scale, healing tools, and blend modes. Plus, find out how to effectively use layer effects, Levels and Curves adjustments, lens corrections and perspective warping, black and white photography, and so much more.
For the 2018 version, Deke has added all-new tutorials and exercise files, so there's something new for even long-time fans.
- Selecting objects in photographs
- Refining masks with the Smudge tool, Refine Mask, and Refine Radius
- Using the Focus Area tool
- Skewing and distorting a layer
- Transforming and duplicating in one operation
- Warping text
- Creating and masking Smart Objects
- Applying Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Using Content-Aware Scale
- Applying stack modes
- Using the Liquify filter
- Drawing custom vector shapes
- Adjusting contrast, color, and luminance with blend modes
After Effects Guru: Work Faster and Boost Performance