About the course
Enhance your e-learning course and make the most of what Moodle has to offer; Video Description
Moodle, the leading open source learning management system, makes it possible for schools and organizations to provide cutting edge online education. Using Moodle, teachers and corporate training managers can bring learning to the student’s desktop with web-based courses consisting of interactive activities, resources, and social interaction.
Moodle Course Development will show you how to teach online using Moodle through a series of informative and incredibly detailed video screencasts. Learn how to make the most out of Moodle by following along with detailed video demonstrations covering how to configure and use Moodle’s features to create an e-learning site designed to meet your learner’s needs.
Moodle Course Development introduces you to some essential Moodle tools, tips, and tricks; and walks you through built-in features that allow you to enhance your teaching.
We'll begin with everything you need to know about Moodle's installation options, and then show you how to configure administration settings[/color] in order to meet the needs of your school or organization. Once your site is configured, you will learn how to use all of the key features that help you to make the most out of Moodle.
By the time you complete the Moodle Course Development video course you’ll be able to create an e-learning site that will enhance your teaching and provide a better learning experience for your students.
Style and Approach
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Moodle Course Development will show you how to teach online using Moodle. Learn how to make the most out of Moodle by following along with detailed video demonstrations covering how to configure and use Moodle’s features to create an e-learning site designed to meet your learner’s needs.
What You Will Learn
- Learn about Moodle's potential and how to get started with an overview of various hosting and installation options
- Setup your Moodle site and make it available to users after it’s been installed on a web server
- Create course sites and make them available by enrolling students and assigning teachers
- Make static resources such as files or web pages available to your learners
- Produce more interactive e-learning courses with course materials such as quizzes, lessons, and SCORM tutorials
- Encourage student collaboration with social activities such as forums, wikis, and blogs
- Evaluate student performance by customizing the Moodle gradebook and tracking participation
- Learn about available resources from the Moodle community that will help you take Moodle to the next level
- Everything you need to know, demonstrated and elaborated in detail with options and alternatives
Joe Deegan is an e-learning professional and educational technology graduate student living in Sacramento, California. His specialty is designing and developing e-learning courses covering a range of topics using tools such as Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate then delivering those courses using Moodle. With years of experience in Moodle administration and e-learning course development, Joe has learned how e-learning can best be utilized to make learning programs more effective and efficient. When he’s not busy Moodling or developing an e-learning solution you can find him out on the golf course working on his golf swing, traveling with his wife, or walking his dog.
Mac Linux Command Line Kick Start in 4 hours (for Beginners) [Video]