About the course
Build an online multiplayer top-down shooter
What Will I Learn?
Create a multiplayer, networked game using Unity's Multiplayer Networking
Build a tank arena game with top-down shooter mechanics
- A Mac or PC running Unity Personal Edition 5.3 or above
- A second networked Mac or PC for LAN Play (optional)
This is a short course designed to introduce you to Unity's Networked Multiplayer system.
In it, we'll create a small tank arena shooter where we introduce:
- Unity's Multiplayer Networking High Level API (HLAPI)
- NetworkIdentity and NetworkTransform, to
- Remote Actions, such as Commands and ClientRPCs
- SyncVars and SyncVar hooks
- NetworkManager, and NetworkManagerHUD
We will learn how to make our simple player drive around an arena level and connect with more than one player over a network.
This is an introduction to networking concepts as well as several components specifically made for Unity Multiplayer Networking.
Note: this course is designed for Mac and PC standalone (Multiplayer over LAN Network) and does not cover mobile devices.
Who is the target audience?
- Developers with working knowledge of Unity 3D and C#
- This is NOT a beginning course. Do not enroll in this course without some experience in Unity 3D and C#
The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Game Development with ROBLOX