About the course
Learn the secrets of ethical hacking, penetration testing, and network discovery using Kali Linux
Kali Linux offers a large number of penetration testing tools from various different niches in the security and forensics fields. Kali Linux offers a multitude of options to scan a single IP, port, or host (or a range of IPs, ports, and hosts) to uncover vulnerabilities and security holes. The output and information can serve as a precursor to penetration testing efforts.
The course starts with vulnerability assessment and penetration testing. Then, you will learn about the process of ethical hacking from the initial identification and investigation to the final exploitations and report. Next, we will build a test lab in a virtual environment using Oracle VirtualBox, Kali Linux, and a vulnerable OS. You will get started with reconnaissance to gather information about a target. Next, you will focus on NMAP, which is one of the biggest and most popular networks and host scanning tools. You will also learn to avoid being detected by firewalls and IPs when using NMAP. Vulnerability assessment and analysis are the most important steps before trying to hack and penetrate a system so we will learn to initiate an exploit and penetrate a system. Finally, you'll exploit a system and, once exploitation is confirmed, you'll prepare and present a report to the customer.
By the end of the course, you will be an excellent hacker and will have mastered all the hows and whys of ethical hacking.
The code bundle for this course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learning-Kali-Linux
Style and Approach
The course will start with the concepts of Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing. Then, we’ll move to understand the Ethical Hacking process to identify and investigate final exploitations. Next, create the test lab in a virtual environment and gather information with passive and active Reconnaissance. In the end, you will learn to avoid being detected by firewalls and IPSs using NMAP.
What You Will Learn
- How to test your network against various types of attack and develop a network-testing environment that can be used to test scanning tools and techniques
- Vulnerability scanning and validating using pen testing tools
- Enumeration and fingerprinting in the ethical hacking process
- Build a test lab in a virtual environment with Kali Linux
- Start gathering information about a target with passive and active reconnaissance
- Learn about NMAP, the biggest and most popular network and host-scanning toolset
Rassoul Ghaznavi Zadeh
Rassoul Ghaznavi Zadeh is an Information Security Architect. He has worked with businesses to define their framework, perform risk and gap analysis, and identify security controls and roadmap. He also works with stakeholders to plan, organize, and manage the successful delivery of security strategy and projects as well as a stable operation of the organization's IT infrastructure security, integration, and optimization.
His key skills are:
- Enterprise security architecture design and business alignment
- Risk assessment, management, compliance, and auditing
- Evaluating and analyzing IT security technologies and solutions
- Monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of IT security controls
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing
Learning ECMAScript 2017 [Video]