About the course
Learn How to Create Web API, Consume, Routing Action, Mobile Clients, Web API Formats and Model Binding.
What you'll learn
- To develop competence in developing ASP.Net Web API with C#
- Aspiring It professionals having some background in .Net development
- Experienced Developers looking to enhance their knowledge of API development
What is Web API?
ASP dot net Web API is a framework that makes it easy to build HTTP services that reach a broad range of clients, including browsers and mobile devices. ASP dot net Web API is an ideal platform for building Restful applications on the .NET Framework.
HTTP & Web API
HTTP protocol is not just for serving up web pages. It is also a powerful platform for building APIs that expose services and data. HTTP is simple, flexible. Almost any platform that you can think of has an HTTP library, so HTTP services can reach a broad range of clients, including browsers, mobile devices, and traditional desktop applications.
Here is the list of lectures which are part of this course.
- Lecture 1: Getting Started with ASP dot net Web API
- Lecture 2: Using ASP dot net Web API with Microsoft Entity Framework
- Lecture 3: Supporting OData Query Options in ASP dot net Web API
- Lecture 4: Doing CRUD with ASP dot net Web API
- Lecture 5: Routing in ASP dot net Web API
- Lecture 6: Attribute Routing in ASP dot net Web API
- Lecture 7: ASP dot net Web API and Exception Handling
- Lecture 8: Media Formatters in ASP dot net Web API
- Lecture 9: JSON and XML Serialization in ASP dot net Web API
- Lecture 10: BSON Support in ASP dot net Web API 2.1
- Lecture 11: Unit Testing Controllers in ASP dot net Web API
- Lecture 12: OWIN to Self-Host ASP dot net Web API
- Lecture 13: Hosting ASP dot net Web API in IIS & IISExpress
Who can attend this course?
The course is designed for .Net Developers, Tech Leads and Architects who are working on Microsoft technologies like ASP dot net, ASP dot net MVC for developing web and mobile based applications.
You will need Visual Studio 2012/13 and ASP dot net. Web API 2.0 to do practical’s as stated here. The course is mainly covered as videos and presentations.
It depends on the individual pace to complete the course. It’s targeted to finish in a week.
What will you be learning
After completion the learner will be able to develop ASP dot net Web API services comfortably.
Who is the target audience?
- .Net Developers
- IT Professionals
Windows Server 2019 Essential Training