About the course
Get started with Java and object-oriented programming concepts
Java is a mature, elegant and sophisticated object oriented language that runs in a JVM (Java Virtual Machine).Once compiled into bytecode, Java can run in a JVM regardless of the underlying environment, Java is “Write once and run anywhere”. Over the years Java has built for itself the reputation of a language that is capable of delivering high performance robust applications that are elegant,structured and sophisticated. Java is about the Object Oriented way.
There are several aspects of the Java language that must be mastered for a developer to use Java at its full potential: The distinction between Classes and Objects, the interaction of Objects and Classes in the forging of an application, the concepts of OO programming (Inheritance and Polymorphism, Abstract Classes and Interfaces, Abstraction and Encapsulation), the memory model, Object identity, the Java Collections framework.
You will learn about all these fundamental aspects in this course.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-Java-Object-Oriented-Programming-Concepts
- Get an in-depth understanding of data structures and the Java Collections framework
- Create your own data structures
- Reinforcement of learning through projects and practical explanation about OOP concepts
Who this course is for
This course is for programmers who have coded in Java or who have been coding in Java and wish to move to the next level and start the journey to become a confident java developer and why not a expert. This course is also the first step in moving from writing unstructured code to writing structured, elegant, articulated programs.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the building blocks of Java program
- Explore the four pillars of Object-Oriented Programming
- Learn the intricacies of Inheritance and Polymorphism, Abstract Classes and Interfaces
- Discover the in memory representation and management of a Java program which is the foundation for understanding and analyzing the performance of a Java program
- Understand the implementation and use of the functions: hashCode() and equals()
- Master the fundamentals aspects of the Java Collection Framework
Richard Naoufal started coding in Java around 2003. After working as a developer, an architect, a technical project manager he is now a trainer and a consultant. His focus today concerning Java is to make the best of it.
Hands-On Test Driven Development with Python [Video]