About the course
A theoretical course that challenges you to a different approach on Photography.
What Will I Learn?
Take better portraits
Master: Composition once and for all!
Find your own style
Understand the value of a good photograph.
Discover more about how you think.
Find the right moment to take a photograph.
Understand how a photographer thinks
- No prior knowledge is required. Only patience
I believe THEORY is more important than PRACTICE at this point.
So let's dive in!
You bought new amazing camera but your photos aren't getting better?
You've seen a thousand tutorials on how to get better photographs, paid for masterclasses, listened to all advice on this planet and now you're lost?
I'm here to help you identify the problem, and get past it. We'll play the game YOUR WAY!
What makes a good photograph and why? This seems to be the most important question most photographers don't know how to answer. I'll show you how simple it is to understand the process and it use for any future photograph you see or take.
I've created this course for you so you can learn how to get out of the 'technical block' and get into photography. I'll show you the most important aspects to know about the theory of photography.
We'll start knowing more about photography without the camera. That's right!
You will get to know what photography actually is. We will study the studium and the punctum and how they influence our perception, how to train the mind to work without the camera, how to know when is the right moment to take the photograph, and how rules block you from finding your own personal style.
- I'll teach you how to minimize all the composition rules in one simple formula.
- You will be able cut the composing time in half and get a step closer to finding your own style.
This theoretical course is cooperative. Meaning that I propose you a different way of thinking as an exercise, and then you apply it by using your intuition and see what results you get. And then we move on until you start to see the differences.
You'll get to know how to:
- Create a relationship with your subject (from a person to a landscape, it can be anything)
- Know when is the right time to press the shutter and why
- How to stop the overthinking and start seeing the world around you
- How getting closer to the subject make your photographs alive
- The harmful effect of laws and composition rules and how to create your own rules
- Understand how to analyze photographs
- Get into the right mindset
- Two of the best books on photography (on which the course is based)
- Photographs (of course)
Since we're here...
You will need to have a camera - any camera. Digital, Film, smartphone, it doesn't matter. It's all the same, you will see. If you don't own a fixed lens you can use your smartphone.
A bit about myself
I believe a place can reveal more than itself. It can reveal something about you. It can be about a mood or an action. It can be still or a reaction. I'm talking about the images which stop time. Images that absorb you. Every place in this world has a story, but how will we decide to tell it?
I'm Norbert Fodor, a romanian cinematographer currently based in Asia. I've graduated my BA and MA in Cinema and worked on national and international projects, TVC, Fiction, Music Videos, Ads.
I've always been interested in images and got my first camera when I was seven. Since then I couldn't forget about it, so it became more than just a profession. It became a way of thinking and living. My love for cinema and photography is eternal, and I am constantly trying to deconstruct it and see what makes it alive and ticking.
A personal note on this course
The internet is an inflation of information. That's how I got lost and that's how you probably did too.
On this journey I found that the most rewarding experience is showing the secrets and mechanisms to people who are searching to ride through it. I hope you will find this information useful and use it to teach others too.
Who is the target audience?
- Beginners and Advanced photographers
- Photographers who want to find their own style.
- Photographers who feel that their photos aren't getting better.
- Photographers who want expand their understanding of Photography.
- People who would like to understand the mindset of a photographer.
PSD to HTML Conversion – Step by Step for Beginners