About the course
Apply the practices of Test-Driven Development using the PyTest framework to easily create your unit tests.
Do you want to be one of the core developers at your company—the person that everyone wants on their team, and who can deliver new features that work on time? Unit Testing and Test-Driven Development (TDD) are key disciplines that can help you achieve that goal.
In this video tutorial, you’ll learn about the PyTest testing library and how it’s used to write unit tests in Python. You’ll also set up some common Python development environments to use PyTest. You’ll create isolated test environments with Test Doubles and learn how to implement and use them with unittest.mock. Moving on, you’ll get to know some of the best practices in Unit Testing and TDD and get some hands-on experience with programming by implementing unit tests using TDD in Python.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to apply the practices of Unit Testing and TDD on a daily basis to radically increase the quality of your code and help you and your company achieve your goals faster than ever before.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-Hands-on-Test-Driven-Development-with-Python
Style and Approach
This course takes a step-by-step approach, providing an in-depth explanation of TDD and example coding sessions that show you how the tools and practices are actually applied to real-world problems.
What You Will Learn
- Know how to write better Python code faster using the disciplines of Unit Testing and TDD
- Use code coverage tools to ensure your unit tests are thoroughly testing all of your production code
- See the application of Unit Testing and TDD using the PyTest unit testing framework to create your unit tests
- Set up several popular Python IDEs to run PyTest unit tests and visually show the results in the IDE
- Get to know the best practices for Unit Testing and TDD and how to apply them
- Apply an Isolated Test Environment using the unittest.mock library to test your production code in isolation
- Create Python virtual environments to create isolated Python development environments for each of your projects
Apache Kafka Series - Kafka Streams for Data Processing [Video]