About the course
Get efficient in performing data mining and machine learning Video Course
30% of data mining vacancies also involve machine learning. And those that do are 30% better paid than the rest. If you’re involved in data mining you need to get on top of machine learning, before it gets on top of you.
Hands-On Machine Learning for Data Mining gives you everything you need to bring the power of machine learning into your data mining work. This video course will enable you to pair the best algorithms with the right tools and processes. You will see how systems can learn from data, identify patterns and make predictions on data with minimal human intervention.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-on-Machine-Learning-for-Data-Mining-V-
Style and Approach
This is an application-oriented course and the approach will be practical. This course will discuss the situations in which you would use each data mining technique, the assumptions made by the method, how to set up the analysis and how to interpret the results. No proofs will be derived, but rather the focus will be on the practical matters of data analysis in support of improving predictive models.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the lethal combination of Data Mining and Machine Learning to hone your model-building skills and improve your models
- Understand the inner workings of your models
- Get to grips with three ways in which you can decipher how machine learning models can be interpreted
- Derive worthwhile insights from your data by developing efficient predictive models to predict future results accurately
- Maximize your productivity by analyzing your models and interpreting their accuracy in a well organized manner
- Combine the results of two or more models
Jesus Salcedo has a Ph.D. in Psychometrics from Fordham University. He is an independent statistical and data-mining consultant that has been using SPSS products for over 20 years. He is a former SPSS Curriculum Team Lead and Senior Education Specialist who has written numerous SPSS training courses and trained thousands of users.
Getting Started with Neural Nets in R [Video]