About the course
Data Visualization with bqplot, NetworkX, and Bokeh in Python
Some popular Python data visualization tools and techniques today include Data Visualization in Jupyter Notebook with Bloomberg's bqplot library, Programming Graph and Network Data Visualizations, Data Visualizations with Bokeh (a Python library), and building interactive web visualizations using Dash.
You will start by programming stunning interactive Data Visualizations using bqplot, an open source Python library developed by Bloomberg. Then you will learn how to programmatically create interactive network graphs and visualizations. You will then programmatically visualize data with the interactive Python visualization library, Bokeh.
Finally, you will build interactive web visualizations of data using Python: you will choose a number of inputs your users can control, then use any Python graphing library to create plots based on those inputs.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on GitHub at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Data-visualization-projects-in-python.
Style and Approach
This friendly course takes you through data visualization in Python using bqplot, NetworkX, Bokeh, and Dash. It is packed with step-by-step instructions and working examples. This comprehensive course is divided into clear bite-size chunks so you can learn at your own pace and focus on the areas of most interest to you.
What You Will Learn
- Set up different data visualization tools in Python such as bqplot, NetworkX, Bokeh, and Dash
- Plot data in Jupyter Notebook using bqplot
- Use bqplot to compare different US Presidential election trends
- Analyze the trends in previous and current FIFA rankings
- Use the NetworkX library to plot the LAN networks in your office space and organization
- Visualize a social network with NetworkX
- Plot weather forecasts using Bokeh, for the weather in US and UK
- See the frequency of Moon missions undertaken by NASA over the years
- Turn dash plots into interactive visualizations for major Android version releases and Walmart's growth
Harish Garg is a Data Scientist and a Lead Software Developer with 17 years' software industry experience. He worked for McAfee\Intel for 11+ years before starting his own software consultancy. He is an expert in creating data visualizations using R, Python, and web-based visualization libraries.
Application Development with Advanced Ember [Video]