About the course
Django Video Course: Create your own line of successful web applications
Get under the hood of Django. With this course, you’ll learn to integrate your application with other technologies. You’ll start building practical, advanced web applications that can scale to handle increased workloads. Django brings the power of Python to help you quickly develop web applications. From simple prototypes to large-scale projects, Django encourages a clean and pragmatic design and gives you a comprehensive toolkit to build scalable web apps.
This course shows you how to take advantage of available modules for common tasks such as user management and authentication. This means you can get started by simply integrating them in your application without having to write a lot of repetitive code yourself. You’ll use Django’s extensive feature set such as the Django ORM and Django Admin to do the heavy lifting for you, while you start building web applications with only about a hundred lines of code in no time.
If you want to start building feature-rich, highly scaled applications with the power of Python, then take this course! All the code and supporting files for this course are available on GitHub at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Creating-Smart-Web-Apps-with-Django
Style and Approach
This easy-to-follow video will help you to build a production-ready blog as a Django project. Each section focuses on a particular area of the framework, and each topic is explained with practical examples and recommended best practices.
What You Will Learn
- Build a blog and practical real-world web applications with Django
- Django installations and environment setup of your project made easy
- See what Django models are and why they are important
- Use the powerful Django ORM to write and manage SQL queries
- Use Django views for your business logic
- Explore how to use Django’s GenericViews to reduce the amount of code you must write dramatically
- Create Django URLs to handle requests using Django’s intuitive regex-based URL builders
- Find out what Django templates and templates tags are and see how to use them to customize what end users see in your app
- Write unit tests using Django’s test framework
- Process block tasks using a separate task queue
- Use Django’s User framework and Auth model to quickly set up features such as registration and login
Indradhanush Gupta has been programming for almost ten years, five of them professionally. He has extensive experience with Python and especially Django from working at Instamojo (2014 to 2017). From his time there and before, he gained experience in building Django web apps from scratch and maintaining existing ones, scaling them to handle increased workloads, optimizing and tuning the last bits to improve performance, and deploying them to the cloud.
He loves teaching and mentoring people and has conducted multiple workshops on Django, under the Django Girls Organization. He has helped beginners find their feet in the world of programming at university. He currently works on solving problems in distributed systems and containers space at Kinvolk.
Microsoft PowerApps Essential Training: Beyond the Basics