About the course
With building information modeling (BIM) taking over the architecture, engineering, and construction fields, BIM managers are in high demand. Interested in jump-starting a career in this growing field? This course can help. Join Brian Myers as he helps you decide whether a career in BIM management is right for you. Brian describes the various roles you can take and the impact you can have on an organization and project. Learn about the skills you'll need to excel in the BIM field, your educational options, and resources and support systems that can help you along the way. Plus, get advice on how to retool your resume and boost your online presence.
- Where do BIM managers come from?
- Certificate programs and industry degrees
- Coming from a nontraditional educational background
- Establishing a career plan
- Organizational roles, including CAD, BIM, and VDC manager positions
- Understanding where you fit in an organization
- Leveraging resources and support systems
- Resume tips
- Cultivating your online presence
Developing Adaptability as a Manager