About the course
Learn to use and understand the main new features coming with Java 8. With lots of examples!
What Will I Learn?
An introduction on the features covered in this course
Understand the issues Java was suffering before
See the solutions given in Java 8 to write more comprehensible code
Simple examples to understand the matter
- Basic knowledge of the Java programming language
The Java engineering team has been busy for years to see the shortcomings in the earlier versions of Java. Every 2 to 3 years a new and improved version is released, each time mixing proven concepts from other programming languages and the strengths of Java itself.
Java 8 (codename Spider) was released in March 2014 with a vast number of language updates.
Get yourself up-to-date in this course with all the new and great features this version of Java has to offer:
* Lambas and function references
* Streams for functional programming
* Default methods for more flexibility when evolving APIs
* Using Optional to create awareness around null-values in your APIs
* The new Date/Time API to cope with all the past issues of handling time
The course is based on a lot of examples, to help you understand as easily as possible the issues that were addressed with Java 8.
Who is the target audience?
- Software engineers looking for a brief update of the Java 8 features
Mobile ML and Data Science with nitroproc