About the course
In-depth course to master Spark SQL & Spark Streaming using Scala for Big Data (with lots real-world examples)
What Will I Learn?
Get clear understanding of the limitations of MapReduce and role of Spark in overcoming these limitations
Understand fundamentals of Scala Programming Language and it’s features
Expertise in using RDD for creating applications in Spark
Mastering SQL queries using SparkSQL
- Gain thorough understanding of Spark Streaming features
- Basic programming skills
- A computer running Windows, OSX or Linux
- The software needed for this course is freely available and detailed steps to install and configure software is include in the course
This course covers all the fundamentals you need to write complex Spark applications. By the end of this course you will get in-depth knowledge on Spark core,Spark SQL,Spark Streaming.
This course is divided into 9 modules
- Dive Into Scala - Understand the basics of Scala that are required for programming Spark applications.Learn about the basic constructs of Scala such as variable types, control structures, collections,and more.
- OOPS and Functional Programming in Scala - Learn about object oriented programming and functional programming techniques in Scala
- Introduction to Apache Spark - Learn Spark Architecture,Spark Components and spark use-cases
- Spark Basics - Learn how to configure/run spark in eclipse/intellij
- Working with RDDs in Spark - Learn what is Resilient Distributed Dataset,Different types of actions and transformations which can be applied on RDDs
- Aggregating Data with Pair RDDs - Learn how Pair RDD is different from RDD,Different types of actions and transformations which can be applied on Pair RDDs
- Advanced Spark Concepts - Learn how Spark uses Broadcast variables and Accumulators to perform calculations,how persistence and partitioning helps to achieve performance
- Spark SQL and Data Frames - Understand the difference between Dataframe and Dataset
- Spark Streaming - Learn how to analyse massive amount of dataset on the fly
All the concepts are explained using hands-on examples.This course covers 10+ hands-on big data examples such as
- Explore player data from 2014 world cup
- Agregate data from ebay online auction data
- Understand different data points from Adhaar data
- Develop application to analyse funds received by Indian startup
- Explore the price trend by looking at the real estate data in California
- Help retailer to find out valid and invalid purchase transactions of chain of stores in Bangalore
- Write Spark program find out count of stores in each US region from USA states & Store locations data
- Develop Spark Streaming application to perform Twitter Sentiment Analysis
30-day Money-back Guarantee! You will get 30-day money-back guarantee from Udemy for this course.
If not satisfied simply ask for a refund within 30 days. You will get a full refund. No questions whatsoever asked.
Who is the target audience?
- Professionals aspiring for a career in field of real time Big data analytics
- Analytics professionals
- Senior IT Professionals
- Developers and Architects
- Students who wish to gain a thorough understanding of Apache Spark
- Software Architects, Engineers and Developers